Repairing Your Damaged or Broken Hearing Aid
Even if you take care of your hearing aids and keep up with regular maintenance, time takes its toll on all technology, and it’s possible that yours will eventually wear out through the course of normal use.
While replacing your damaged hearing aids may be the best answer in some cases — it gives you the opportunity to upgrade your technology — there are some common hearing aid repairs that you can try if you’re having problems with one or both of your devices. Try these quick fixes:
- Replace your battery
- Remove and reinsert your hearing aid
- Clean your hearing aid using a cleaning tool
- Replace the wax filter
- Open and close the battery compartment
- Make sure the battery compartment is free of obstructions
- Check your input settings
Still having trouble with your hearing aid? Contact Mission Audiology to schedule an evaluation and discuss further hearing aid repair options.