We’re taking precautions to help minimize the spread of Coronavirus.
There is no higher priority for Mission Audiology than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
The Governor or California’s official statement says:
To address the increased demand for healthcare workers and first responders, state Departments shall authorize first responders, care providers, and workers who are asymptomatic and taking precautions to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, to continue working during the period of this emergency.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- Rooms and equipment are wiped down after every patient encounter. We want to make sure that every visit is safe and sanitary.
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms. If an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we urge you to avoid dropping in and instead call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We will do our absolute best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning.
- Once you check in, you have the option to return to your car to wait for your appointment so that you will not be in contact with any other patients.
- We can offer car drop-off and pick-up for repairs and service. Call our office and someone will come out to your car to talk to you and take your hearing instrument into the office for servicing. The aids can be returned to you in your car.
- We can set up remote consultations with your audiologist. If you have questions but don’t want to come into the office, contact us and we will tell you how to set up a virtual visit using your computer or phone.
- We offer hearing aids that can be adjusted remotely, minimizing office visits.
- For patients wearing Lyric hearing instruments, you can still come in for routine exchanges. We ask you to call ahead so that we can spread out the patient visits through the day.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time, when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. Please feel free to call with any questions — we are always happy to hear from our patients.
As one of the premier hearing centers in Mission Viejo, CA, Mission Audiology also provides high-quality hearing services to patients in Laguna Niguel, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Juan Capistrano & Laguna Woods, CA.